To use all of the powerful tools on the WOSD website, you must first register to be a subscriber. As a subscriber, you will be able to:
- Edit your Profile
- Join Committees (Groups)
- Add Events
- Join Conversations
- Make Friends
- Invite New Members
How to Register
- Click on the “Register” link either in the upper left corner in the black area or the upper right corner in the white area.
2. Complete the Registration form:
All Fields are required. Make your Username something that other members will recognize when they communicate with you on the website. If you have a common name, such as Anne or Carol, you might want to add your last name initial to your username, such as CarolH.
Very Brief Bio: This is necessary because we want to welcome everyone, but we don’t want spammers and trolls to ruin the work we are here to do. Put something here so that we know you are a real person who will be a valuable part of our WOSD team.
Password: We suggest you make it hard for hackers to pretend they are you. Hint: The password should be at least twelve characters long. To make it stronger, use upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols like ! \” ? $ % ^ & ).
Committees: You need to be invited to join a committee. So when you check a box the committee chair will send you an invitation to join. Don’t worry, you can also request to join a committee at any time. The Supporter option is checked by default and is the minimum required to become a member of the WOSD website. If you are not ready to join a committee, at least keep “Supporter” checked so we can keep you in the loop. This also serves as your permission to receive email from Women Occupy San Diego through our MailChimp account.
- Check the box for “I’m not a Robot” If a box pops up with images, select the images that match the question that comes up.
- Click SUBMIT
- You will see this notice:
- Check your email for a notice from Women Occupy San Diego with the Subject: User Account Activation Mail. Click on the link to activate your account.
- When you click on the activation link the WOSD website administrator will be notified of your request to join and unless you are clearly a spammer, WOSD will approve your account. This could take up to 24 hours since we don’t continually check our email. As soon as you are approved, you will get an email from WordPress notifying you that your account has been approved.
- To complete the process, you must sign in to the Website and that’s it – you are now a WOSD member!
How to Sign In
Go to www.womenoccupysandiego.org. In the upper right corner (in the white band) or upper left corner (in the black band), Click on SIGN-IN
Put in your username and password. And that’s it! You should see a message like this.
As soon as you are re-directed to your Profile page, you’re ready to start using the website tools. You’ll see links to pages with instructions for each of the sections.